Accidentally opened for the Marcels!?

So Friday 6/23 I went to see a good friend Walt Maddox. He was my first real manager back in Pittsburgh. On another note he was part of the Marcels, the huge musical group behind the number one song 'Blue Moon'.





I used to record at his studio in Pittsburgh and he took an interest in me and believed in me.






He and the Marcels were playing in Ohio relatively close to me on Friday. Of course I had to go! My parents went with me :)








When we got there Walt asked if I had my tracks... I said no and laughed... I thought he was kidding... Then he was serious so I said I could use tracks on my phone... and that is what I did! The Shades of Blue were finishing their set and then I was up next! In my jeans and dirty tennis shoes and the shirt I took from my mom haha




To be fair I had volunteered to open for him if he wanted me to months ago but we had not discussed it since then. He is a truly awesome guy. He has so much confidence in me it really is amazing :)




I sang 2 songs I used to do in my sets then sang the new one I recorded a couple weeks ago.




It was a really fun night! After I finished I got to enjoy Walt doing his Nat King Cole tribute and of course the ever entertaining Marcels :)






Oh! and did I mention? I got mentioned in the paper the next day!? Life is crazy. What a night.



Thank you Walt for the extra inspiration... I really do miss this...
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start of something old? new?

Starting a blog... about time?